AP® by the Sea Summer Institutes Information/Costs
Tuition Cost: $775 until June 1; $795 after June 1
- Sciences have a $25 additional lab fee
- All AP®/College Board/Presenter Materials/Handouts
- Sample Texts
- Registration breakfast, 4 lunches, Tu/Wed snacks, farewell breakfast
- Dorm residents get an additional two breakfasts and a Sunday arrival dinner
- 4 days of instruction
- Campus Parking Pass
- Wi-Fi for classroom use
College Credit Option:
Two semester units of graduate level education credit can be purchased from USD for $150—during the week of the institute only. You must attend all classroom hours to receive credit.
AP® by the Sea will issue certificates in the last hour of the last day of instruction. Reduced hour certificates available if we are notified by Wednesday afternoon.
For ease of travel during the week, we recommend cars – rental or personal. USD has a morning and afternoon tram service from Old Town, but it does not run on the weekends or at mid-day. USD has a tram service that loops around campus during weekdays. We do not provide transportation to our optional evening events, to and from the airport, or to and from hotels. Some hotels may have airport shuttles. San Diego has a good mass transit system of buses and trolleys. The web site for information is sdcommute.com.
HOTELS: Prices vary. USD is close to Old Town and Hotel Circle hotels. Please check our web site for listings and special group rates
USD On-Campus Apartments (2br, 2ba, kit, liv rm units): COST $460 4nts (includes breakfasts, lunches, and Sunday dinner)
- A single room includes private bath and shares a living room and kitchen
- Includes towel and linens
- A word about dorms: USD dorms are good student housing, not hotels. Not air conditioned.
- No maid service, shared facilities, but very convenient. If you have misgivings about dorms, please consider the hotel option with shuttle available from Old Town. No refund of dorm fees.
Other Optional Costs:
- USD is close to the airport. A taxi should be about $25. Don't go to UCSD or SDSU.
- Mon. PM: Old Town Trolley Bus Tour, $26
- Tues. PM: Harbor Cruise in Downtown, $15
- Wed. PM: Globe Theatre in Balboa Park or Cygnet Theatre Old Town, $TBA
Full refund of moneys paid will be made if written cancellation is received by AP® by the Sea thirty days before the session you are attending. Cancellation 8-30 days prior is subject to a $100 cancellation fee and all unrecoverable costs. Cancellation 7 days prior subject to 50% cancellation fee. NO refund for no-shows. If a workshop session does not have 10 participants fourteen days prior to beginning date, it may be cancelled—participants receive a full refund.
College Board is offering these scholarship programs for AP® teachers:
- AP Fellows: For teachers at schools with a majority of underrepresented and/or low income students
- Rural Fellows: For teachers at rural schools
- AP Redesign: For teachers planning to teach the redesigned subject--AP U.S. Government and Politics--in fall 2018
- Capstone Scholars: For teachers who are planning to attend the AP Capstone summer professional development event
- Further information: