Monday: Old Town Trolley Tour of San Diego, $26
- 5-7pm Depart from 4040 Twiggs Street in Old Town
- Our private tour awaits you. Let Old Town Trolley show you California’s second largest city, where blue skies, exciting attractions and 70 miles of beaches come together to create a vacationer’s paradise. For over 18 years, Old Town Trolley Tours has been providing sightseeing tours highlighting the best of San Diego. Old Town Trolley is the best way to see San Diego! Click here for a map of the route.
- Old Town Dining Options: Tequila Factory at Hacienda Hotel (Happy hour 4-6, M-F); Cafe Coyote (Ole); Old Town Mexican Cafe (local fav); Casa de Reyes (our fav); Cosmopolitan (beyond the taco); Jack & Giulio’s Italian, Crazee Burger
- About Old Town: The site of the first European settlement in California is full of historical buildings and museums along with trendy shops and traditional Mexican restaurants.
Tuesday: Harbor Cruise, $15 (children under 4 = free)
- FLAGSHIP Cruises: 990 North Harbor Drive, pier just north of Broadway. 5:30 P.M. departure, so DON’T BE LATE. A one hour tour of San Diego harbor with its city skyline, yacht marinas, fishing boats, Coronado Bridge, Navy ships, and shipyards. (NOTE: Those who have taken this cruise before, the departure pier is just south of where it was before. FLAGSHIP CRUISES, NOT HORNBLOWER CRUISES)
- San Diego: After your cruise, walk to Seaport Village for shopping, dining, and even a carousel. Fish Market is great nearby restaurant. Or explore downtown—trendy restaurants in the Gaslamp district, shopping or a movie at artful Horton Plaza. Or try nearby Little Italy for pizza or pasta. We love Filippis, 1747 India St. Lots to see ad do.
Cygnet Theatre in Old Town, $30, conveniently located close to Old Town hotels
Sessions 2 and 3 ONLY: July 12 and 26: the zany Marx Brothers musical Animal Crackers
- Located in the heart of Old Town at 4040 Twiggs St. (Look for the barn)
Online Purchase Instructions:
- Click here: CYGNET TICKETS
- Near the top of the screen enter the Presale Access Code of APBYTHESEA and click Add Code.
- Click Buy next to the July 12 or 26 performance
- Choose the Select or Economy Section (discount is not valid for Premium Section) and the number of tickets and click Find Best Seats Available
- Ignore the price on the next screen. The price will be adjusted once seats are added to the Shopping Cart.
- Once you have chosen the seats you want in either the Select or Economy section, click Add Tickets to Shopping Cart.
- Price in Shopping Cart should now reflect the discount. Proceed to checkout.
Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park, 35% discount, from $30 to $60:
Directions: Click on TICKETS below, scroll down to the Calendar, select your performance date, click Calendar again, select Best Available, select your seating choice, check out.
Thursday, June 22, Richard II on the outdoor stage. Order directly on-line: TICKETS
Wednesdays, July 12 and 26: The musical Guys and Dolls on the main stage. Order directly on-line: TICKETS
- Located on the west side of Balboa Park—just beyond the Laurel St. Bridge; allow time for parking. Make your own reservations at our 35% discounted ticket rate: T
- Directions to the Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park:
Linda Vista Rd. (Right) to Morena Blvd. (L) to on-ramp to 5 South to SD Airport turn off (Sassafras/Laurel), continue on Kettner to Laurel (L) to Balboa Park. Globe is on the left past the bridge.
From Hotel Circle:
Hotel Circle South becomes Taylor Street , across trolley/train tracks to Pacific Hwy (L) to Laurel (L) to Balboa Park . Globe is on the left past the bridge.
From Old Town:
Taylor (L) across RR/Trolley tracks to Pacific Hwy (L) to Laurel St. (L) to Balboa Park . Globe is on the left past the bridge.
Transportation is on your own. USD to Old Town driving time is less than 10 minutes (1.64 miles.) USD to Harbor Cruise driving time is about 15-25 minutes depending on the traffic (5.2 miles.)